Digital Community Specialist – ArcGIS StoryMaps
- Arlington, VA
Hundreds of thousands of people, most of them GIS specialists, are combining maps and rich multimedia content to tell stories using ArcGIS StoryMaps. Join us to identify and nurture new user communities for a digital storytelling product targeted to non-specialist audiences. You’ll spearhead development of a social media strategy and assist in creation of and strategy for a product website. You’ll recruit influencers in key communities and use analytics to identify trends and areas of opportunity.
You’ll work with a talented team of editorial specialists, cartographers, developers, and marketing professionals within the ArcGIS StoryMaps team. And you’ll collaborate with social media and marketing specialists on other Esri teams to maximize the new product’s exposure and build awareness.
- 2+ years of experience managing social media platforms
- Familiarity with best practices for growing a social media community, particularly for a direct-to-consumer brand
- Strong understanding of website strategy and digital communication best practices
- Affinity for analytics and ability to use them to make key strategic decisions
- Ability to thrive in highly collaborative team setting
- Willingness to learn on the fly, stay current on latest digital media trends, and experiment with new techniques for nurturing a new audience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top