Our DevOps team within ArcGIS Online is responsible for ensuring the platform is designed and implemented to the highest security standards using DevSecOps principles and automating it to implement Amazon Web Services (AWS) security at scale.
ArcGIS Online is used by thousands of organizations around the world to map disasters, maintain infrastructure, manage natural resources, and more. The need to keep this platform up and running is of highest importance--there are six million users accessing it and at least 100,000 users logging in every day with millions of requests.
- Work closely with product and platform teams to engineer and implement cloud security controls
- Design and implement AWS/cloud-based DevSecOps processes and tools
- Evaluate and recommend use of ML, AI, and data analytic services to improve security of system
- Deploy automated security solutions for cloud delivery processes
- Develop security and compliance tools in support of DevOps processes
- Stay current on security industry trends and implement best practices within DevOps
- 2+ years of experience working with cloud solutions such as AWS and Azure
- Experience with SIEM, IPS/IDS, security operations, incident analysis, incident handling, vulnerability management or testing, log analysis, and forensics
- Experience in DevOps environments and maintaining security in CI/CD processes
- Experience with the development, deployment, and automation of security solutions in an enterprise cloud based environment
- Ability to work with multiple teams and to prioritize requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's or master’s in computer science or related field or equivalent experience, depending on position level
- AWS certification along with other security certifications such as CISSP and SSCP
- Experience implementing real time scalability and highly available solutions
- Solid understanding of AWS including VPC, ELB, IAM, KMS, EC2, Config, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, and Lambda
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top