DevOps Software Development Engineer
DevOps engineers sit at the crossroads of operations and software development. In this role, you'll design, build, deploy, and maintain critical applications on cloud-native architecture for various applications which are used by millions of users around the world. Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving tough problems with the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way.
You'll be supporting and working alongside a very talented cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies. You will bring prior experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to help drive DevOps initiatives. To be successful, you should be personable, efficient, flexible, and communicative; possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity; and have a passion and love for what they do.
- Design, document, implement, and maintain the operational components for various applications
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code
- Configure and deploy containerized micro-service components
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- Work closely with development teams to improve workflows around build, test, and deployment of applications
- Build and maintain monitoring, alerting, and trending operational tools within a cloud environment
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality and velocity of deployments
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team
- Hands-on experience with provisioning cloud infrastructure using APIs
- Extensive knowledge of AWS products and services such as IAM, EC2, EKS, ELB, ALB, Cloudfront, Autoscaling, Lambda
- Good understanding of Linux, bash, and shell scripts
- Strong experience with containers (Docker, Compose, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Redis, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, RedShift
- Understanding of build/automation systems such as Jenkins
- Demonstrable coding, problem-solving, and debugging skills
- Deep understanding of web, http, networking, security, scaling, and cloud native architecture
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, information systems, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
- 3+ years of professional experience as DevOps or back-end systems engineer
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana and cloud provisioning tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tool like Jenkins
- Knowledge of Git
- AWS certifications is a big plus
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top