DevOps Software Development Engineer
- Melbourne, Australia
The Esri R&D Center-Melbourne is a world leader in the development of mobile and desktop apps for geospatial applications. We're looking for a talented, up-and-coming DevOps engineer to join our team and build the infrastructure that drives the next generation of our products and services. You'll work alongside industry veterans to solve tough problems with automation and deployment systems. We love making a difference and leading the way in developing innovative technology.
- Build, monitor, and improve our mobile and web application CI/CD/CT pipelines
- Collaborate with software development teams to automate and enhance product development and release processes
- Perform automation of new build systems and maintenance of existing ones
- Migrate our existing web applications to new public cloud infrastructure and ensure the availability of those production services
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code
- Write technical documentation that ensures systems can be maintained and knowledge is shared throughout the team
- Test tools and software to ensure both development goals and real-world use cases are met
- Collaborate with developers, designers, testers, and other stakeholders across Esri
- Demonstrated experience as a DevOps engineer for a minimum of 3 years
- Excellent understanding of Git and software version control
- Good understanding of Linux, bash, and shell scripts
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure
- Understanding of build/automation systems such as Jenkins
- An attention to detail and focus on maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrable coding, problem-solving, and debugging skills
- Deep understanding of web, http, networking, security, scaling, and cloud native architecture
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team to achieve outcomes and meet deadline
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, information systems, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top