DevOps Engineer - Routing Services
- Redlands, CA
Esri provides global routing services that allow users to solve problems such as finding a route and driving directions to a store, optimizing the deliveries for a fleet of vehicles, finding the area you can drive to within 30 minutes, identifying the best location to place a new business, and more.
As a DevOps engineer on the team, you will be responsible for troubleshooting issues with the services, making enhancements, monitoring status, and automating processes to ensure the services are as performant and robust as possible.
- Diagnose failed routing requests
- Develop CI/CD pipelines to automate processes
- Create dashboards to monitor the heath and availability of the routing services in real time using tools such as AWS CloudWatch, Prometheus, and Grafana
- Parse service logs and create information products to help development and product management understand the usage pattern of the services
- Work closely with other developers to design and develop tools that boost productivity and embrace patterns of reusability
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Automating Windows administration using PowerShell (automating Linux administration using Python is a plus)
- Experience with automation using scripting and tools such as Puppet, Chef, Terraform
- Experience using Amazon Web Services in a SysOps role for deployment, management, and operations
- A deep understanding of the web and its protocols/technologies
- Firm grasp on version control concepts and build systems
- Experience doing continuous integration and deployment with tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with IIS and Tomcat
- Good communication skills
- Bachelor's in computer science, engineering, or mathematics, depending on position level
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS Enterprise
- Experience administrating Windows and Linux servers
- AWS SysOps Administrator associate or higher certification
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (Scrum)
- Interest in working with Docker containers and Kubernetes
- Ability to pick up new challenges daily, figure things out on your own or with others, and then bringing rigor and thoughtfulness to the solution
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top