DevOps Engineer - Real-Time & Big Data
Work collaboratively with a talented team of dynamic and passionate engineers to deliver capabilities that enable our customers to make a difference. In this role, you'll deploy and operate robust technology that is powered by Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud scale architectures.
Join our team of exceptional engineers where you’ll design, deploy, and operate next-generation real-time and big data GIS software-as-a-service (SaaS) capabilities for thousands of cloud users worldwide.
- Collaborate with a team of DevOps engineers to operate SaaS capabilities across multiple cloud regions
- Design, implement, configure, and utilize monitoring systems to monitor the health of SaaS products
- Manage infrastructure used for ArcGIS Online, respond to alerts, and troubleshoot problems to resolution
- Configure and deploy containerized micro-service components that, when combined, power Esri’s SaaS offerings
- Work collaboratively with other team members within an agile software development process
- Participate in technical spike efforts, bringing new innovative ideas to future versions of our software
- Demonstrate latest product capabilities to stakeholders, prospects, and customers
- Experience with Mesosphere DC/OS, Apache Mesos, Marathon and Metronome, or Kubernetes
- Knowledge applying container technologies including Docker and the Open Container Initiative (OCI)
- Proven knowledge of operating resilient, highly available, scalable, and performant SaaS capabilities
- Expert level understanding and experience with cloud computing platforms: Microsoft Azure or Amazon EC2
- Ability to establish continuous integration and delivery best practices using Jenkins and Maven
- Working knowledge of a source control and issue management system, preferably GitHub
- A solid foundation in software development, with strong competencies in data structures, patterns, and design
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science or computer engineering, depending on position level
- Experience operating and managing Apache Kafka with high-velocity data
- Expertise running high-volume Apache Spark workloads: streaming, machine learning, recurring batch
- Experience operating Elasticsearch and cloud native storage solutions: Azure CosmosDB or Amazon DynamoDB
- Familiarity in deploying and operating reactive applications using Scala, the Play framework, and Akka
- Knowledge of Esri ArcGIS or other web mapping technologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top