Work closely with a talented team of dynamic and passionate engineers to help our customers make a difference. In this role, you’ll design, build, and operate ArcGIS Online, Esri’s rapidly growing next generation cloud-based mapping platform. ArcGIS Online is used by thousands of organizations around the world to map disasters, maintain infrastructure, manage natural resources, and more.
- Design and implement operational architecture for a variety of applications and multi-tier services running on web, compute, and database tiers
- Manage operational infrastructure used for ArcGIS Online
- Build deployment automation scripts and manage deployments
- Manage continuous integration software build systems
- Design and implement monitoring systems
- Respond to alerts; troubleshoot problems
- Help develop and extend the ArcGIS Online platform
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with multi-tiered web and application server systems including Apache, Tomcat, and/or Glassfish
- Strong experience working with the following:
- Linux servers
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, EBS, SQS, SimpleDB, Dynamo)
- Databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL/NoSQL)
- Perl/Python/Ruby/PHP/Java and HTTP/S, REST
- Systems deployment and configuration management using Puppet/Chef
- Continuous integration, continuous deployment, Git, Jenkins
- Nagios and developing related custom plugins
- Understanding of large, high performance, highly scalable, highly resilient cloud-based architectures including replication/failover, distributed architectures, caches, auto scaling, sharding, rate limiting, and security
- Bachelor's in computer science or related field, depending on position level
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Understanding of Java development and Spring-based architectures
- Experience and familiarity with the Esri ArcGIS platform
- Knowledge and familiarity of Windows servers, OAuth
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top