Work closely with a talented team of dynamic and passionate engineers to help our customers make a difference. In this role, you’ll design, build, and operate ArcGIS Online, Esri’s rapidly growing next generation cloud-based mapping platform. ArcGIS Online is used by thousands of organizations around the world to map disasters, maintain infrastructure, manage natural resources, and more.
- Design and implement operational architecture for a variety of applications and multi-tier services running on web, compute, and database tiers
- Manage operational infrastructure used for ArcGIS Online
- Build deployment automation scripts and manage deployments
- Manage continuous integration software build systems
- Design and implement monitoring systems
- Respond to alerts; troubleshoot problems
- Help develop and extend the ArcGIS Online platform
- At least five years of relevant work experience
- Experience with multi-tiered web and application server systems including Apache, Tomcat, and/or Glassfish
- On a survey, you would circle “Strongly Agree” to knowing the following:
- Linux servers
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, EBS, SQS, SimpleDB, Dynamo)
- Databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL/NoSQL)
- Perl/Python/Ruby/PHP/Java and HTTP/S, REST
- Systems deployment and configuration management using Puppet/Chef
- Continuous integration, continuous deployment, Git, Jenkins
- Nagios and developing related custom plugins
- Understanding of large, high performance, highly scalable, highly resilient cloud-based architectures including replication/failover, distributed architectures, caches, auto scaling, sharding, rate limiting, and security
- Bachelor's in computer science or related field, depending on position level
- Understanding of Java development and Spring-based architectures
- Experience and familiarity with the Esri ArcGIS platform
- Knowledge and familiarity of Windows servers, OAuth
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top