DevOps Engineer - ArcGIS Online Hosted Services
Are you a technologist and problem solver who can wear many hats? Do you have a passion for solving tough problems with deployment systems? Does automation have strong meaning for you? If so, apply your technology skills to developing Esri’s ArcGIS Online software that serves millions of customers worldwide.
- Create deployment tools, scripts, and additional components that enable deployment of our server technology to many platforms and environments
- Assist in bringing excellent software solutions to the ArcGIS platform
- Work closely with other developers to design and develop quality deployment tools that boost productivity and embrace patterns of re-usability
- Write comprehensive technical design specifications and support documentation for the tools you build
- Build scalable, efficient cloud infrastructure that can be monitored using automated system health checks
- 3+ years of software development experience (it’s a plus if you have experience building deployment tools)
- Windows administration using PowerShell (Linux administration is a plus)
- Experience with automation using scripting and tools such as Puppet, Chef
- Have a deep understanding of the web and its protocols/technologies including HTTP, SSL, LDAP, JDBC, SQL, HTML, XML
- Firm grasp on version control concepts and build systems
- Experience doing continuous integration and deployment with tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with IIS and Tomcat
- You need to be good at picking up a new challenge on a daily basis, figuring things out on your own or with others, and then bringing rigor and thoughtfulness to the solution
- All the other important things that will help you be successful at Esri: good communication skills and the ability to thrive in an environment that encourages innovation
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, or mathematics, depending on position level
- Microsoft Azure knowledge
- Expertise with Microsoft technology (Visual Studio, TFS, SQL Server, Windows Server)
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (Scrum)
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (Azure, Amazon Web Services)
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top