DevOps Engineer - ArcGIS Enterprise
Work closely with a talented team of dynamic and passionate engineers across diverse technologies to facilitate users across the world in making a difference. In this role, you will design, implement and oversee process workflows, deployment frameworks and build systems required for generating release-ready versions of the on-premises WebGIS stack, comprising the ArcGIS Enterprise, Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS DataStore, that is collectively being used by thousands of users across the globe at this moment.
- Design, implement and orchestrate build frameworks for building the applications listed above
- Manage infrastructure and process workflows from code to release for these products on a daily basis
- Provide integration points for the products with the various install (InstallAnywhere, InstallShield) and deployment (AMI, Docker, Vagrant) technologies
- Manage continuous integration software build systems
- Design and implement monitoring systems
- Respond to alerts; troubleshoot problems identified in builds, setup generation, release QA and general QA on a daily basis.
- Support development and extending the platform both on-premises and in the cloud
- Identify process bottlenecks and implement solutions to address these
- Work with various documentation and localization teams, in addition to core software development team; provide operational support to integrate the content from these teams into daily setups
- Oversee third-party dependency management from the point of view of vulnerability, licensing and versioning.
- Oversee and support QFE and patch requests on previous versions of the applications
- At least five years of relevant work experience
- Experience with multi-tiered web and application server systems including Apache, Tomcat, PostgreSQL
- On a survey, you would circle “Strongly Agree” to knowing the following:
- Java and HTTP/S, REST, Python
- Maven, Ant
- Continuous integration, continuous deployment, Git, Jenkins
- Linux servers
- Databases (PostgreSQL/NoSQL)
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, EBS, SQS, SimpleDB)
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple teams on various aspects of the SDLC
- Understanding of large, high performance, highly scalable, highly resilient server-based architectures including replication/failover, distributed architectures, caches, auto scaling, sharding, rate limiting, and security
- Bachelor's in computer science or related field, depending on position level
- Understanding of Java development and Spring-based architectures
- Experience and familiarity with the Esri WebGIS platform
- Familiarity with performance monitoring – Jmeter, JProfiler
- Familiarity with L10N and I18N aspects of application development
- Knowledge and familiarity of Windows servers, OAuth
- Experience with Artifactory
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top