Are you an energetic, passionate software engineer who has the desire to inspire other developers? Join our product development team and evangelize Esri’s newest technologies. We are looking for exceptional technology gurus who can educate and enable our customers to be innovative and achieve success.
- Work with Esri’s global community of users to understand their needs
- Collaborate with Esri developers to further expand our products and help to define the product roadmap
- Design APIs for new features
- Build example applications and samples using the latest platform technologies and features
- Write compelling user documentation, tutorials, articles, and blog posts
- Present and evangelize our products in the user community through presentations, hackathons, webinars, forums, blogs, and social media
- Keep up to date with current technology and trends
- Two or more years of commercial application development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the desire to share technical knowledge and information with others
- Passionate about exploring and experimenting with the latest developer technologies
- Strong time management, prioritization, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
- Previous work experience as a software developer, architect, technical evangelist, consultant, community manager, or product manager for developer technologies
- Previous participation in hackathons, forums, blogs, and social media
- Knowledge of development on one or more of the flowing platforms: iOS, Mac OS X, Android, Java SE, Windows Phone, WPF, Windows 8, or Qt
- Ability to design great application user experiences
- Hands-on experience with Esri ArcGIS software or other geospatial technology
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top