Help create a UI design system that unifies and harmonizes all of Esri's products and marketing pages. You’ll work directly with other designers, developers, and product owners to deliver a system that is clean, creative, and well maintained to further evolve the Esri brand and the consistency of our UI company-wide.
Our Creative Lab Interactive Team is a group of UX/UI/icon designers working closely with the Executive Creative Director. Our job is to help promote and advance Esri’s platform of apps and solutions and its incredible work around the world.
- Extend the web framework for our internal design system into a wider documentation site that includes patterns for web, native mobile, desktop software, and other technologies
- Design consistent, innovative, and refined web solutions via wireframes, prototypes, and higher fidelity designs that are on target with yearly objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members such as UX/UI designers, developers, writers, and business stakeholders to develop groundbreaking design that showcases Esri's design patterns
- Contribute to the harmony of all of Esri's UI, from esri.com pages to ArcGIS pages and products
- Stay up to date with new web design trends, technologies, and design system documentation
- 3+ years of relevant experience designing and developing experiences for the web
- Proven ability to solve problems holistically in collaboration with a project team
- Expert skills with design software, including but not limited to Sketch and Adobe products
- Expert skills with web based programming languages (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Expert skills with Github
- Proven experience working with web frameworks such as Bootstrap, EmberJS, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to ensure internal clients and colleagues understand status of your projects
- Organized, able to think beyond what is asked for, and able to multi-task projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced, often evolving environment (even if it’s always sunny outside)
- Experience designing and developing responsive and modern websites
- Availability for occasional domestic and/or international travel
- Bachelor’s in graphic design, human-computer interaction, computer science, or a related design/dev discipline
If you consider yourself a developer with minimal design skills, we're open to that too--as long as you have experience working closely with designers.
- Keen knowledge of best practices and user-centered design approaches, such as web and mobile conventions (Human Interface Guidelines, Google Material, etc.)
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience working remotely with cross functional teams
- Exposure and experience with multi-platform design systems: web, native mobile, and desktop software
- Experience building, designing, collaborating, or contributing to design systems
Portfolio Submission: We want to see your killer online portfolio showcasing your UI and web work. Please provide a link or samples of your recent work or links to GitHub examples. Applications will not be considered complete without this.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top