Design internships are typically offered in the following business areas.
Work alongside experienced, talented designers to create and produce a variety of corporate finished design projects, working to support our print, publications and exhibits, video, web, and production teams. You’ll also be involved in preparations for the annual Esri User Conference (Esri UC), held each year in San Diego, California.
Projects interns have worked on in the past include
- Using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop on a variety of in-house design projects including signage, flyers, and displays
- Assisting staff with client displays for the UC including large-scale wall and staircase displays
- Creating dynamic graphics and icons for client and UC presentations
Our team creates thousands of icons each year representing software tools, the GIS industry, the markets we engage, and relevant business concepts. This position is for someone who thrives on technical precision, is able to depict complicated concepts through simple illustrations, and excels at Adobe Illustrator.
Support the activities of our UX team to articulate, promote, and defend a vision for the user experience throughout the product life cycle. You’ll work closely with others to ensure that the product is developed to the highest standards of quality and creativity within the allotted time.
- Applications Accepted: September 1–December 31, 2017 at 5:00 pm PST
- Interviews: Students selected for phone interviews will be notified by email on a rolling basis October 2017–January 2018
- Internship: 12 weeks starting in late May or June
Note: After the December 31 application deadline, we will begin providing regular updates to all applicants on a rolling basis. Please log back into your account to view application status updates.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD program at a university in the United States. Undergrads must be in junior or senior standing
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2018
- Able to complete a 12-week internship beginning in May or June 2018
Additional Graphic Design Requirements
- Link to portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Qualified applicants will be majoring in graphic design and have experience in design production, quality assurance, Adobe Creative Suite, and different design collateral
Additional UX/UI Requirements
- Experience working in an agile product development environment
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including business development, product management, and engineering
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top