Are you a demographer who isn’t afraid to color outside the lines? If you are curious and knowledgeable and have a knack for discovering spatial and statistical patterns, we need you! You’ll work with a multidisciplinary team to apply demographic estimation and forecasting techniques to locate and track change in the distribution of the US population, its characteristics, and consumer behavior. We are seeking an analyst who can contribute in building the next generation of US population estimates to join our ArcGIS Online Content Team.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and apply analytic/predictive models and tools in the development of demographic estimates and forecasts
- Integrate new data sources and innovate new methodologies
- Investigate emerging demographic, socioeconomic, and geographic trends and techniques for demographic data modeling
- Track leading indicators of market, population, and consumer behavior
- Prepare documentation and white papers on methods and trends
- Support other development teams that integrate demographic data across the ArcGIS platform
- Understanding of US Census Bureau data and methods
- 3-5 years of experience with estimation and forecasting small geographic areas
- Considerable experience with SAS
- Strong communication skills; ability to present detailed analysis to data users effectively
- Experience managing and analyzing large, complex data sets
- Integration and linkage of data from multiple sources to common geographic units
- Knowledge of the latest theories, concepts, and analytical methodologies for the collection, classification, and evaluation of quantitative data as a basis for inference
- Master’s in demography, sociology, or a related field, depending on position level
- Experience with ArcGIS and spatial analysis
- Experience working with large databases
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top