Would you like to help build data access technologies that allow server, desktop, and mobile applications to work with a rich spatial information model that includes features, relationships, networks, and topologies? Are you interested in developing an infrastructure for NoSQL databases that support high availability and disaster recovery? Are you a self-motivated person who enjoys building solutions for complex problems that affect our daily lives? Join our enterprise DBMS geodata management development team and work on aggressive projects involving massive datasets, scalability, and a diverse computational platform.
- Work on building ArcGIS core technology that adds complex transactional behavior, provides DBMS neutral data access, and adds spatial data type to DBMS systems
- Develop technology that provides highly available data store infrastructure as well as disaster recovery capability
- Build software components that follow industry-standard modern design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Interact with other team members to develop robust software frameworks and solutions
- 1+ years of programming experience in Java, preferably working with DBMS drivers
- Strong SQL knowledge with confidence to write a complex function, trigger, or stored procedure to implement application behavior inside databases
- Experience developing with PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch and/or other DBMS platforms
- Good understanding of RDBMS system concepts and willingness to learn new technologies in fast evolving database trends
- Desire and ability to research, design, author, test, debug, and profile source code
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, or related field, depending on position level
- Windows/Linux programming skills including .NET and Visual Studio
- 2-3 years of working experience with Oracle, SQL Server, HANA, or PostgreSQL RDBMS
- Understanding of cloud computing platforms and database services such as Amazon’s Relational Database Service and Azure SQL Database
- Previous involvement in a large software development project
- Academic training in GIS and/or knowledge of GIS/Esri software
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top