Data Visualization Engineer
- Work closely with product management, product design, and software development to identify, define, and manage the implementation of data visualization product capabilities
- Create and maintain relationships with government customers, our user community, and Esri partners to document user requirements and best practices
- Compile, organize, assemble, and visualize common data layers, e.g. policy data, facilities, demographics
- Communicate best practices for designing and implementing data visualizations through tutorials, blog articles, help documentation, videos, and presentations
- Work with other product teams to integrate data sharing and exploration capabilities across the ArcGIS platform, including online, desktop, and mobile platforms
- Create and maintain user personas, roles, security, profiles, workflow rules
- Develop and implement test cases and validate bug fixes
- Troubleshoot production issues and customer support requests
- Industry experience with data visualization, spatial and statistical analysis, and data-driven communications
- Excellent project management skills with ability to coordinate multiple projects/tasks across various user groups
- Experience testing and validating software capabilities
- Training and experience with agile development methodologies
- Organize teams of developers and designers to deliver quality solutions on time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, journalism, GIS, or related field; or at least 5 years of experience in related disciplines
- Additional education and/or experience with computer science, mathematics, journalism, public policy, or related field
- Familiarity with Esri’s ArcGIS platform and online services
- Knowledge of UI/UX design techniques
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top