Data Steward - Data Management & Governance
Be responsible for data quality and adherence to policies around cleansing rules, system-of-record, and trust rules and assist in driving effective requirements. In this role, you will act as proxy for the data owner (business leader responsible for a given subject area, e.g. customer).
You will be a team member in an ecosystem of data stewards and will provide support for various business units that do not have the capabilities internally. Deliverables include regular communication with stakeholders and developing, monitoring, and updating documentation.
- Define and document information objects (e.g. customer) with the relationships between source system(s), including hierarchies and control points
- Define and document data quality rules, approval processes, availability rules, and exception reports
- Perform manual cleansing processes where control gaps may exist
- Perform data validation testing and periodic audit for data quality
- Ensure documentation is complete and current for responsible data objects
- Drive improvements in processes for more effective controls of data objects
- 3+ years of experience in an information management, documentation, analytic, or audit role
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills working with all levels of management
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs
- Ability to set individual priorities and help a team plan to complete tasks and organizational objectives
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor’s in business or related field
- Experience as an internal/external auditor, data quality specialist, or verification role
- Prior experience managing/defining information utilizing master data management concepts
- Familiarity with one or more core platforms (SAP, Salesforce)
- Experience with data related technologies including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, SQL and/or reporting and analytics
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top