Data Science Product Engineer for ArcGIS Notebooks
Build the next generation of ArcGIS Notebooks, a product delivering state-of-the-art web-based notebooks capability for spatial analysis, data science, and automation.
Our team builds cutting-edge, highly scalable, and reliable distributed software for on-premises and the cloud. We make maps, geographic information, and analyses available on any device, anywhere, at any time. In this role, you will help us design, build, and deliver the next generation of ArcGIS Notebooks built on micro-services architecture.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about data science and motivated towards building a notebooks product for the GIS and data science community. Members of this team develop a deep understanding of the product and customer's needs and also have an acumen towards building quality software. Our product engineers provide a strong technical voice in the product development process and use the best tools available to build highly reliable, sustained, and evolutionary software.
- Collaborate with developers and fellow product engineers to design, build, and deliver new notebook server components
- Assist with implementation design and quality assurance for notebook server backend and/or UI development
- Apply the notebooks product towards spatial analysis and data science problems
- Share notebook workflows via help topics, blog posts, conference presentations, tutorials, and samples
- Plan and execute software releases
- Troubleshoot and triage customer issues
- 1+ years of experience with analytics using Python-based notebooks
- 1+ years of experience in software testing or software development
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, or other spatial technology
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Passionate about building and delivering quality software
- Organized with effective time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Bachelor's or master's in GIS, geography, engineering, computer science, math, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience with Java, Python, or other scripting languages
- Experience with ArcGIS API for Python, ArcPy, and other open source Python libraries for geospatial analysis and data science
- Experience developing and implementing test plans and test automation for UI and/or web services
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top