- Redlands, CA
Esri’s ArcGIS World Geocoding Service delivers global search and geocoding capabilities to organizations across the world. Search and geocoding are used in a wide range of applications across the ArcGIS platform, such as where to open a retail store; how to best allocate resources for delivering packages; or where is, and how do I get to, my favorite coffee shop?
As a data developer on the geocoding team, you will work with massive spatial data from both commercial and open sources. You’ll be asked to master data specifications, automate processes for acquiring and loading spatial datasets, transform those datasets into normalized data models, and work with product teams to ensure continuous quality improvements driven by the best available content.
If you are passionate about data and geospatial technology, join the geocoding team because you can’t have “The Science of Where” if you don’t know where to start!
- Intermediate to advanced experience developing Python scripts or tools
- Experience writing scripts to perform advanced queries, joins, and spatial operations in SQL
- Experience creating stored procedures for optimizing common tasks and operations
- Intermediate to advanced experience working with large normalized databases
- Experience transforming data from flat to normalized databases
- Ability to read data product specifications and translate into database models and tables
- Ability to manage priorities and tasks as needed in a fast-paced work environment
- A keen attention to detail and drive to resolve any issues encountered
- Bachelor's, master’s, or Ph.D. in computer science, information systems, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top