Customer Reference Program Specialist
The Customer Reference Program is a key part of Esri’s overall corporate communications function. In this role, you will be responsible for developing a marketing strategy that ensures customer success at all points during their journey with Esri. You will seek out and maintain external communication opportunities with strategic users, including conference participation, speaking engagements, award submissions, and media and analyst interviews.
Our ideal candidate requires the ability to represent Esri to the community, work well with others, and cultivate trusted relationships to better understand the dynamics surrounding each customer account. You will be expected to segment and target customers based on tenure, behavior, and product ownership to ensure the right message is delivered at the right time.
- Identify users with stories that align with branding campaigns and corporate and industry programs; work with those users to convince them to be public advocates of Esri technology
- Coordinate with customers and appropriate Esri staff to ensure that customers are ready to tell their story and reflect Esri’s message platforms, including speaking engagements, award submissions, media interviews, industry analyst interviews, press releases, and other opportunities as they arise
- Assist the PR manager with campaign and messaging platforms
- Identify users who typically will not speak publicly about their relationship with Esri but would prove to be game changers if they were to; work on long-term strategies to achieve this
- Work across the global Esri organization to ensure client materials are created and up to date for communications purposes
- Attend events and visit customers to create relationships that develop a community of trust so that they identify Esri as a partner and willingly become advocates of Esri technology
- Constantly communicate with various Esri departments including business development, industry marketing, and product marketing to communicate potential opportunities for their team
- Reduce turnaround time for media opportunities by creating a community of Esri users and partners who are ready to speak on specific topics when media opportunities arise
- Keep up to date with Esri services and products
- Maintain a deep understanding of the customer/Esri implementation including a vision for where they should go in order to continue to be a flagship account
- Professional experience supporting high-tech companies, preferably with enterprise level software and related consulting service offerings
- Experience in a customer-service oriented capacity and a passion for customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical/computer skills
- Superb presentation and client-facing skills
- Ability to develop productive relationships with management and colleagues
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers, especially at the executive level
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with many different stakeholders with different objectives
- Ability to plan, create, and implement a communication strategy aligned with companywide marketing directives
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Conversant in the Esri product roadmap and able to explain Esri’s vision to users and partners
- Bachelor's in business, marketing, or communications
- Five+ years of experience in developing or managing a customer reference program
- Fluency with Salesforce
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top