Course Developer - Intel and Defense
Apply your talent for writing and strong communication skills in a project team environment. Join the innovative, productive team that is responsible for designing, authoring, and updating educational materials for teaching GIS concepts, skills, and workflows. In this role, you will leverage your previous military intelligence experience and GIS knowledge to support our customers in the federal defense and intelligence community.
- Work with the latest Esri software and subject matter experts (SMEs) to quickly assess, design, develop, maintain, revise, and validate instructor-led and web-based training materials
- Expand your knowledge by staying up to date on GIS and related technologies
- Maintain awareness of current trends in defense and intelligence and translate those into existing or proposed courseware
- Collaborate with team members to identify, contribute, and recommend new ideas or methods for enhancing our curriculum
- Evaluate and enhance the overall content design of existing Esri curriculum
- Apply solid instructional design skills, effective learning principles, and creativity to course design to engage students in the learning process, encourage participation, and meet the requirements of the adult learner
- Clear understanding of GIS theory and applications
- Military intelligence training and experience
- Experience applying GIS principles and technology in support of the intelligence community
- Experience in course development, curriculum design, education, or training
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts and tasks in understandable terms
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geoscience, information systems, computer science, education, or related field
- Knowledge of and experience applying the ADDIE model of instructional design
- Experience with classroom and virtual classroom facilitation techniques
- Knowledge of graphics software such as PaintShop Pro
- Knowledge of e-learning design principles and associated authoring tools
- Experience with OEF/OIF in a deployed or Continental US (CONUS) based direct support role
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by lawideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top