Course Developer - Desktop
Apply your talent for writing and strong communication skills in a project team environment. Join the innovative team that is responsible for designing, authoring, and updating educational materials for teaching GIS concepts, skills, and workflows.
- Leverage your GIS experience and work with the latest Esri software and subject matter experts to design, develop, and maintain instructor-led and web-based training materials that are educational and effective
- Collaborate with team members to identify, contribute, and recommend new ideas or methods for enhancing our learning content
- Stay up to date and expand your knowledge of the GIS industry and related technology
- Apply solid instructional design skills, effective learning principles, and creativity to course design to engage students in the learning process, encourage participation, and meet the requirements of the adult learner
- Two or more years of GIS application experience
- Two or more years of industry related work experience using GIS
- Two or more years of experience in course development or curriculum design
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, time management, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Superior initiative and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to explain complex concepts and tasks in understandable terms
- Ability to create conceptual graphics using basic software applications for educational purposes (PaintShop, PhotShop, SnagIt)
- Ability to develop productive relationships with customers, colleagues, and management
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in geoscience, biological science, computer science, education, or related field
- Familiarity with course authoring/documentation creation programs such as Lectora, Kenexa, Flare, In Design, Captivate, Camtasia, UPerform
- Knowledge of and experience applying the instructional design process and ADDIE model of instructional design
- Experience working in a deliverables-based, time-sensitive production environment
- Experience with classroom and virtual classroom facilitation techniques
Note: Applicants are encouraged to submit an electronic portfolio of writing samples.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top