As a member of the Contracts team, you will interact with customers from all over the world--from every industry and level of government. Your role is essential to the procurement and sales process because you will capture the nuances of the deal in order to meet Esri’s business needs and sales goals. You will exercise your negotiation skills to build relationships, mitigate risk, and protect Esri’s intellectual property. As a self-starter, you will seek to effectively prioritize assignments and issues to drive resolution, growth, and process improvement. You will work with a team of highly skilled contracts specialists and attorneys to support the customer-focused Esri philosophy and promote the adoption of ArcGIS.
- Review, draft, and negotiate software agreements, professional services agreements, and other related sales or procurement contracts
- Respond to contract work requests promptly and provide quality, customer-focused support to customers and suppliers
- Collaborate with Esri’s sales, procurement, marketing, product management, and development groups to understand and ensure agreement terms are consistent with Esri’s business, financial, and risk management objectives
- Consistently anticipate and guard against potential contractual risks and propose mitigation strategies
- Identify opportunities to streamline negotiations and educate customers and sales staff
- Maintain high ethical standards in every aspect of the position and comply with company policy, laws, and regulations
- Experience negotiating and drafting agreements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, well organized, analytical, quick learner
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced environment
- Diligent and proactive with excellent business judgment and strategic thinking
- Can manage a significant volume of agreements in a timely manner
- Excellent Microsoft Office and computer skills; Emptoris experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s in business, contracts administration, legal studies, rhetoric, or a related field
- Experience negotiating technology and services agreements
- Familiarity with federal government contracts and the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Exposure to international contracting, distribution agreements, and partner agreements
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top