Content Team Lead
Help our customers continue to learn about GIS and Esri technology by managing a portion of a larger team that designs, authors, and updates educational materials for teaching GIS concepts, skills, and workflows. This is a great opportunity to work with technical staff who have knowledge of Esri software, experience in a variety of sciences and GIS-related fields, and experience developing instructional materials using current adult learning methodologies.
- Support the Content Development Manager through daily staff management and engagement activities to include development, training, and recruiting members of your respective team
- Monitor daily administrative functions to include resourcing and staff allocation, time management, inter-team communications, and issue resolution
- Participate in inter-departmental curriculum planning and projects as needed
- Evaluate and stay up to date with new technology (GIS, web, graphics, e-learning)
- Manage, mentor, and provide performance feedback to staff assigned to the team members
- Manage onboarding and integration of new staff assigned to the team
- Communicate with the Content Development Manager on staff issues, resource needs, team productivity, and assignment details
- 2-4 years of formal (position based) experience managing a team of 5 or more in a production-based environment
- Experience in course development or curriculum design
- Ability to develop productive relationships with customers, colleagues, and management
- Proven experience with staff development and team building
- Superior initiative and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Bachelor’s or master’s in education, management, geoscience, computer science, or related field
- Prior experience in multiple roles within a training organization such as a course developer, instructional designer, instructor, technical writer, technical editor, documentation lead, or publishing/editing supervisor
- Experience with change management, workforce development, or human capital improvement
- Deep understanding of development of technical training material
- Knowledge of and experience applying the instructional design process and ADDIE model of instructional design
- Understanding of GIS and knowledge of Esri software
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top