Content Management Product Engineer
Do you have an interest in improving the sharing capabilities of web GIS services? Do you have experience taking geographic information and sharing it as web maps, web services, or GIS packages? This challenging opportunity allows you to leverage your web GIS skills to develop the publishing and sharing capabilities of Esri software. As part of the core ArcGIS Desktop team, you will work with a diverse group of engineers and developers to implement innovative geographic information sharing tools.
- Envision, design, build, and release desktop products
- Test and document content management workflows including searching/browsing, discovering, and documenting items within local, enterprise, and online environments in desktop
- Build and maintain test scenarios that validate content management workflows and functionality
- Learn existing products and troubleshoot past, current, and new desktop products
- Research and analyze customer requests and define user requirements for new software products
- 3+ years of experience with ArcGIS Desktop products
- Working knowledge of the software development process and testing of software
- Ability to clearly analyze/describe a problem and propose a solution
- Ability to manage priorities and tasks as needed in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse team
- Bachelor’s in geography, computer science, engineering, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience with Python and C# or VB.NET
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise and/or ArcGIS Online
- Knowledge of metadata standards and workflows
- Knowledge of or experience with GIS APIs
- Knowledge of relational database management systems
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top