Content Acquisition Manager
Join our content acquisition team and play an important role in assessing and evaluating content for the ArcGIS platform. With customers in more than 150 countries, you will assist with the identification, evaluation, negotiation, and acquisition of global content. This involves building collaborative relationships with internal partners to align content to the business, legal, finance, and other functional groups. Externally, you will build productive relationships with content suppliers, the open data community, and public and private sectors.
Utilizing a wide range of skills, you will work with colleagues and senior management across major functional areas, such as industry and business development teams, product management, and product development, to develop specific content plans that address key initiatives while balancing internal and customer requirements.
Our ideal candidate is a critical thinker with attention to detail, can manage multiple priorities, and is able to act as a subject matter expert on assigned topic categories. Successful candidates can clearly and concisely communicate thoughts and ideas, both written and verbally, and think outside their direct sphere of responsibility.
The work you do will impact the foremost collection of global geographic information used to support critical decision making by organizations all over the world. And, you’ll get to do this from our sunny Redlands, California headquarters!
- Assist in developing and executing Esri’s content strategy for our global user base
- Develop and document acquisition plans, financial metrics, and goals for management
- Lead licensing negotiations related to content, including selection, financial analysis, forecasting, and technical requirements
- Ensure data centric process for return-on-investment discussions with stakeholder groups before renewing content (usage statistics; qualitative feedback from stakeholders; and delivering a business case for additions, renewals, and cancelations)
- Provide use management guidance in collaboration with Esri’s legal team to ensure re-use rights are in compliance with licensors
- Support and manage relationships with content providers
- Collaborate with the product manager for the Living Atlas of the World and other internal product management and software development teams to drive adoption
- Work closely with Esri team leaders to develop new services and product offerings
- 4+ years of strong working knowledge and demonstrated management of negotiating contracts and product/project management in a global business role
- Experience negotiating license or business development agreements in high pressure environments
- Solid understanding of pricing and licensing models
- Discipline in time management with careful execution duties--from content sourcing to delivery--is especially important, given the largely deadline driven, highly visible nature of the work
- Excellent written communication and organizational skills
- Excellent data analysis and quantitative skills
- Ability to adapt to a quickly changing, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with SharePoint and other systems to facilitate content workflows, discussions, and strategy
- Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred)
- Understanding of GIS (bonus if you’ve used our products and are familiar with ArcGIS or the Living Atlas of the World)
- Content licensing and/or business development experience, both domestically and internationally
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top