Content Acquisition Manager
Join our content acquisition team and play an important role in assessing and evaluating content for the ArcGIS platform. In this role, you will support and manage relationships and contracts with current content partners, identify new content sources, and manage extremely complex, high-pressure content licensing projects. Utilizing a wide range of skills, you will work with colleagues and senior management across major functional areas such as industry teams, product management, and product development to coordinate information sharing and address incoming requests.
Our ideal candidate is a critical thinker with attention to detail, can juggle multiple priorities, and is cool under pressure. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves when needed and can clearly and concisely communicate thoughts and ideas, both written and verbally, and think outside of your direct sphere of responsibility.
The work you do will impact the foremost collection of global geographic information used to support critical decision making by organizations all over the world. And, you’ll get to do this from our sunny Redlands, California headquarters!
- Assist in developing and executing Esri’s content strategy for our global user base
- Develop and document acquisition plans, financial metrics, and goals for management
- Lead licensing negotiations related to content, including selection, financial analysis, forecasting, and technical requirements
- Support and manage relationships with content providers
- Collaborate with the Product Manager for the Living Atlas of the World and other internal teams (industry teams, product development, etc.) to drive adoption
- Use behavior and consumption data to drive continuous improvement for our users
- Work closely with Esri team leaders to develop new services and product offerings
- 4+ years of experience in a global business role
- Experience negotiating license or business development agreements in high pressure environments
- Excellent written communication and organizational skills
- Excellent data analysis and quantitative skills
- Ability to adapt to a quickly changing, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred)
- Understanding of GIS (bonus if you’ve used our products and are familiar with the Living Atlas of the World)
- Content licensing and/or business development experience, both domestically and internationally
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top