Consultant/Project Manager - State And Local Government
The ArcGIS platform is a series of capabilities that bring together maps, apps, data, and people to make smarter decisions and enable innovation. Esri’s Professional Services Division plays a crucial role in the innovation of the ArcGIS platform. Our mission is simple yet powerful: 1) enable user success, 2) broaden the impact of GIS, and 3) push our platform to make our technology better.
In this role, you will work closely with clients to establish solutions to 1) make them successful, 2) broaden the presence and effectiveness of GIS within their business, and 3) support the development and growth of our platform into new domains by working closely with industry experts throughout the company.
Enable Users to be Successful
Advise customers on relevant GIS strategies, architectures, product selection, and release planning
- Work with customers to prepare multi-year enterprise GIS implementation and migration strategies
- Help customers develop and implement practical, state-of-the-art, GIS technology-driven solutions by understanding how Esri’s technology integrates with their solution vision
- Grow and support the public safety practice including business development, expansion into new application areas, and delivery of products and services to new and existing customers
- Promote and align the ArcGIS platform with the needs of new and existing customers
- Promote and align our technology platform within customer (or partner) organizations
Support Strategic Esri Initiatives
- Collaborate with Esri’s practice managers and Marketing and Sales teams to develop new business and strengthen customer relationships
Optimize Performance and Organization
- Participate in a virtual team setting of on-site and remote transportation and application specialists
- Lead project teams during all phases of implementation including requirements, analysis, design, build/configuration, and deployment
- Create and manage the scope, budget, schedule, and contractual deliverables through the application of planning, performance monitoring, quality assurance, change control, and risk management processes
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated leadership and related practical experience within the state and local government domain, including but not limited to, permitting, assessment/taxation, planning/zoning, economic development, municipal utilities, health, DOT, etc.
- Understanding of the ArcGIS platform and how it relates to city, county, or state government
- Familiarity with the overall mission and operations of state and local government agencies
- Knowledge of government fiscal year, budgeting, and procurement cycle
- Practical experience working with informatics
- Proven program/project delivery experience, preferably for GIS/IT enterprise solutions
- Proposal writing experience including preparing executive summaries, solution definition, scope of services, staffing, and pricing
- Proven ability to develop project designs, work plans, budgets, and schedules
- Strong team skills and the ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s in geography, GIS, government, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- Practical experience creating and applying state and local government applications
- Familiarity with RDBMS and geodatabase design frameworks
- Professional services business development knowledge and experience
- Experience with Esri products to solve complex business problems
- Familiarity with software development methodologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top