Consultant/Project Manager - Electric and Gas Utilities
The ArcGIS platform is a series of capabilities that bring together maps, apps, data, and people to make smarter decisions and enable innovation.
Esri’s Professional Services Division plays a crucial role in the innovation of the ArcGIS platform. Our mission is simple yet powerful: 1) enable user success, 2) broaden the impact of GIS, and 3) push our technology platform to make it better.
As a Consultant/Project Manager specializing in the electric and gas utilities sector, you will work closely with clients to establish solutions to 1) make them successful, 2) broaden the presence and effectiveness of GIS within their business, and 3) support the development and growth of our platform into new domains by working closely with industry experts throughout the company.
Enable Users to be Successful
- Advise customers on relevant GIS strategies, architectures, product selection, and release planning
- Work with customers to prepare multi-year enterprise GIS implementation and migration strategies
- Help customers develop and implement state-of-the-art, technology-driven solutions by understanding how Esri’s technology practically integrates with their solution vision
- Grow and support our practice through business development, expansion into new application areas, and delivery of products and services to new and existing customers
- Prepare and present high-quality technical presentations and demonstrations when needed
- Promote and align Esri’s ArcGIS platform with the needs of new and existing customers
Support Strategic Esri Initiatives
- Collaborate with Esri’s practice managers, marketing, and sales teams to develop new business and strengthen customer relationships
- Manage the clients’ and/or subcontractors’ expectations to align with clear deliverables by cultivating strong relationships
Optimize Performance and Organization
- Participate in a virtual team setting of on-site and remote transportation and application specialists
- Lead project teams during all phases of implementation including requirements, analysis, design, build/configuration, and deployment
- Create and manage the scope, budget, schedule, and contractual deliverables through the application of planning, performance monitoring, quality assurance, change control, and risk management processes
- 7+ years of demonstrated leadership and related practical experience in the electric and gas utilities industry
- Advanced knowledge of Esri’s ArcGIS platform and professional experience with its practical applications in the electric and gas utilities industry
- Domain expertise throughout the electric and gas utilities management life cycle including electric and/or gas distribution and transmission
- Experience with desktop, client/server, and web applications and architectures
- Proven program/project delivery experience, preferably for GIS/IT enterprise solutions
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, preferably with Scrum
- Proposal writing experience including preparing executive summaries, solution definition, scope of services, staffing, and pricing
- Proven ability to develop project designs, work plans, budgets, and schedules
- Ability to lead and manage consulting and software development teams
- Strong team skills as well as the ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Ability to work on multiple activities/projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, geology, electrical engineering, or a related field, depending on position level
- Experience with Esri products to solve complex business problems
- Knowledge of ArcGIS applied to electric/gas facility management (AM/FM) such as right-of-way corridor planning engineering, design construction, inspection, network analysis, integration with other systems, and market analysis
- Experience in the integration of ArcGIS with work management, network analysis, OMS, customer information, and document management systems
- Experience with ArcFM
- Knowledge of electric and gas utilities GIS data management
- Knowledge of and experience with local, state, or national regulatory agencies
- Familiarity with RDBMS and geodatabase design using UML
- Familiarity with mobile applications for data collection
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top