Consultant/Project Manager (Defense/Intel)
As a consultant and advisor in the defense and intelligence practice areas, you will be called upon to use your technical expertise, business acumen, and industry knowledge to drive long-term vision and technical enablement through an understanding of how Esri technology can support clients' mission requirements, business needs, and technical objectives.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and advocate for Esri customers in the defense and intelligence domain
- Advise customers on relevant GIS strategies, architectures, best practices, product selection, and release planning
- Promote and align Esri’s technology platform with potential customers across the defense and intelligence communities
- Maintain awareness of product and services offerings among teams supporting various industries to identify cross-functional capabilities of Esri technology
- Collaborate with the defense and intelligence practice teams to identify and plan for customers’ business and technical goals
- Develop and maintain a network of relevant relationships across Esri to meet role responsibilities and objectives
- Support the development of high-quality business-related documentation when needed
- Prepare and present high-quality technical presentations and demonstrations when needed
- Prepare for and participate in annual customer planning meetings and technology exchange meetings
- Familiarize with customer requirements, release levels, applications, computing platforms, and GIS-related issues
- Assist in the continued development of team members and support practice leads in coordinating efforts across the intelligence community
- Substantial domain knowledge and experience in the U.S. Intelligence Community and a deep understanding of how to leverage GIS technology to unify intelligence operations
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Esri’s ArcGIS
- A strong awareness of how professionals can leverage GIS technology and geo-enabled data to achieve their business goals and mission objectives
- Understanding and application of sound business principles and strategies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a small, highly-skilled team
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills including the ability to discuss technical capabilities to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work on multiple activities/projects simultaneously
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s in geography, GIS, government, computer science, or a related field
- Experience in the design, development, implementation, and/or administration of custom ArcGIS solutions or equivalent technology
- An established network of Esri technical resources and current understanding of Esri’s organizational structure
- Knowledge and experience in software engineering and/or robust application development principles and practices
- Direct work-related experience in and familiarity with the organizations and operations of the US Intelligence Community (IC) and/or Department of Defense (DoD)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top