Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Put your intelligence to work.
Help Esri get an edge! We’re not just looking for a researcher. We want an outstanding individual who can gather, analyze, and synthesize competitive intelligence and turn it into quality strategic insight. Your work will inform (and help drive) Esri’s product, sales, and marketing decisions. Your role will include working with senior management to help transform the way our company approaches competitive intelligence.
As a member of the competitive intelligence team, you’ll work with Product Management, Development, Sales, and Marketing stakeholders to develop actionable insights and create strategically focused materials for each group.
This role requires a driven, self-motivated individual—a strategic thinker who will bring a fresh approach to competitive intelligence. We want someone with broad interests in technology—someone who can look across industries, see connections others might miss, and make recommendations accordingly.
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize information about the geospatial and related tech markets, focusing on both existing and emerging competitive landscapes
- Develop concise, audience-appropriate, actionable communications characterized by their strategic insight
- Manage elements of, and execute on, a comprehensive competitive intelligence plan
- Identify and fill knowledge gaps in Esri’s understanding of its competitors
- Develop and maintain a network of information sources, including internal teams, distributors, partners, customers, and industry experts
- Research and keep current on market/competitor trends and news
- Define and report on competitive metrics
- Develop up-to-date tools (battle cards, product analyses, competitive responses, internal and external presentations, etc.), with a view toward improving sales effectiveness
- Brief product teams on competitor technologies and marketing/PR teams about competitive messaging and positioning issues
- Help foster internal competitive information sharing
- 5+ years of experience in technical sales, product marketing, or tech consulting
- 2+ years of experience in competitive intelligence
- Ability to dissect complex issues, analyze data, and draw strategic insights to inform decisions
- Passion for understanding what makes a technology compelling
- Excellent written communication and persuasion skills
- Must be energetic, creative, and self-motivated
- Bachelor’s in business, marketing, computer science, or related tech field (MBA preferred)
- Gartner or Forrester experience
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with the geospatial industry
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top