Build, guide, and execute the vision for a passionate and growing community of more than 200,000 members worldwide. You will have the opportunity to use your high level of initiative and desire to create a world-class user experience. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team that’s creating the digital destination for the worldwide GIS community to find support, share successes, and call home.
- Work with community team to develop and execute community strategy
- Build trust and relationships with community members through modeling collaborative behaviors, daily moderation, managing group requests, and facilitating online and in-person events
- Be a key connector between customers and staff to help answer product questions
- Create, manage, and curate community content
- Generate regular analytic reports including community health and content success metrics
- Champion and support staff participation in the community through training, regular meetings, and ongoing advocacy
- Maintain knowledge of community platform; stay current on community management trends and best practices
- Champion technical enhancements and work with platform vendor to address technical issues as needed
- Partner with social media, web, and other internal teams to integrate community strategy within all aspects of the organization and customer experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of marketing, communications, or community management experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading adoption of community and collaboration programs for customers and employees, as well as aptitude for system and business process integration
- High level of initiative and desire to create a world-class user experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of one or more major community platforms or social business software (Jive, Yammer, Lithium, Salesforce, SharePoint)
- Excellent communicator in a variety of formats: written, verbal, in person, and online
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop; Camtasia Studio; and Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of multiple sectors (e.g., private, public, non-profit)
- Willingness to travel approximately 10% of the time
- Bachelor’s in marketing, business, or related field
- Familiarity of GIS and Esri software
- Experience creating and updating HTML components
- Experience using REST APIs to manage and retrieve data
- Knowledge of applying gamification principles to guide human behavior
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by lawideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top