C#/.NET Software Engineer
Are you a talented .NET/C# developer? Do you have a passion for solving development problems with distributed systems? Apply your skills to develop web services for Esri’s ArcGIS Online hosted services, which allow our users to expose a map or dataset on the web without having their own GIS server. As a member of our ArcGIS Online team, you’ll help build the next generation of these innovative services.
- Create web services components that follow industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Assist in bringing excellent software to the ArcGIS platform
- Work closely with other developers to design and develop quality APIs that scale to millions of users
- Write comprehensive technical design specifications and support documentation
- A minimum of three years of software development experience (it’s a plus if you have experience designing and developing large web software systems)
- A deep understanding of the web and its protocols
- Working knowledge of SQL with experience in ASP.NET and Entity Framework
- Basic knowledge of cloud platforms (Azure, Amazon Web Services) and NoSQL databases
- Hands-on experience with RESTful web services, distributed systems, and cloud computing
- Experience with IIS
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (Scrum)
- All the other important things that will help you be successful at Esri--good communication skills and the ability to thrive in an environment that encourages innovation
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, or mathematics, depending on position level
- Microsoft Azure knowledge
- Expertise with Microsoft technology (Visual Studio, TFS, SQL Server)
- Familiarity with API development, performance tuning, system scalability
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top