Join our team of talented and passionate software engineers and help us build the next generation of ArcGIS Enterprise, a suite of products delivering state-of-the-art geospatial capability to thousands of our customers and millions of users worldwide.
The team works on the cutting edge of distributed systems, designing and building software that is massively scalable, reliable, and secure with a cloud native philosophy. Our engineers look for the best tools to solve a challenging problem with a software design focused on sustainability and evolution. If you are proficient in Java, love to build challenging distributed systems to run awesomely on the cloud, and are not afraid to be on the bleeding-edge of technology this is the place to be!
- Apply cloud native principles to design software architecture that takes advantage of cloud services and infrastructure for massive scale and availability particularly on Google Cloud (GCP, GKE, etc.)
- Build server-side Java components and web services to power user experience and geospatial workflows
- Prototype, design, develop, and deliver complete software features and products that can scale, are fault tolerant, and handle concurrent workloads
- Find, analyze, and fix bugs/performance problems whenever and wherever they occur
- Work collaboratively with other teams to understand requirements and incorporate them into the software
- Collaborate with your team via design and code reviews, technology presentations, and insights
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience working with cloud computing platforms (AWS and/or Azure and/or Google) and services such as Amazon S3, SQS, EC2, cloud formation templates, and Azure services such as Blob Service, Table Service, CloudFormation templates, GKE, etc.
- 2-5 years of experience developing middleware software components using core Java, Servlets (JavaEE), JSP
- Experience working with a microservices architecture
- Good understanding of Java design patterns
- Knowledge of relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, or DB2
- Fundamental understanding of web services including REST and SOAP
- Knowledge of working with a source control system, preferably GIT
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills
- Bachelor's, master's, or Ph.D. in math, computer science, physics, or related field, depending on position level
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Java build systems, i.e. Maven and ANT
- Experience with HTTP monitoring tools (Fiddler) and JDK debugging tools (JProfiler, jmap)
- Knowledge of Docker containers and orchestrators such as Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Kubernetes engines on cloud providers like EKS, AKS, GKE
- Knowledge of Google cloud services like BigQuery, BigTable
- Experience working with large scale distributed systems
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.