Cloud Software Engineer
- Redlands, CA
Join our team of talented and passionate software engineers and help us build the next generation of ArcGIS Enterprise, a suite of products delivering state-of-the-art geospatial capability to thousands of our customers and millions of users worldwide.
The team works on the cutting edge of distributed systems, designing and building software that is massively scalable, reliable, and secure with a cloud native philosophy. Our engineers look for the best tools to solve a challenging problem with a software design focused on sustainability and evolution. If you are proficient in Java, love to build challenging distributed systems to run awesomely on the cloud, and are not afraid to be on the bleeding-edge of technology this is the place to be!
- 2-5 years of experience developing middleware software components using core Java, Servlets (JavaEE), JSP
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience working with cloud computing platforms (AWS and/or Azure) and services such as Amazon S3, SQS, EC2, cloud formation templates, and Azure services such as Blob Service, Table Service, ARM templates, etc.
- Good understanding of Java design patterns
- Knowledge of relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, or DB2
- Experience working with large code bases
- Fundamental understanding of web services including REST and SOAP
- Proficient in debugging and profiling tools (Eclipse/IntelliJ Debugger, JProfiler, etc.)
- Knowledge of working with a source control system, preferably GIT
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills
- Bachelor's, master’s, or Ph.D. in math, computer science, physics, or related field, depending on position level
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top