At Esri, we believe in helping our customers take on challenging geospatial problems and making a difference in the world. Join our team of talented and passionate engineers and help us build the next generation of ArcGIS Enterprise, a suite of products delivering state-of-the-art geospatial capability to thousands of our customers and millions of users worldwide.
Our team builds cutting-edge, highly scalable, and reliable distributed software for on-premises and the cloud. We make maps, geographic information, and analyses available on any device, anywhere, at any time. We are looking for a talented and experienced individual to help us design, build, test, and deliver the next generation cloud native architecture of ArcGIS Enterprise built using microservices. Members of this team develop a deep understanding of customer needs and product capabilities. Our product engineers provide a strong technical voice in the product development process and use the best tools available to build highly reliable, sustained, and evolutionary software.
- Collaborate with developers and fellow product engineers to design, build, and deliver new ArcGIS Enterprise components for Google Cloud (GCP, GKE)
- Develop deployment and implementation design of cloud native microservices
- Design and develop automated test cases and quality assurance processes
- Plan, execute, and certify software releases
- Troubleshoot and triage customer issues
- Share workflows via help topics, blog posts, conference presentations, tutorials, and samples
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with deployment and management of applications in cloud computing platforms (AWS and/or Azure and/or Google) and services such as Amazon S3, SQS, EC2, and Azure services such as Blob, Queue, Table Storage, Virtual Machines, etc.
- 1+ years of experience in software testing or software development
- Fundamental understanding of web services such as REST
- Ability to automate workflows via scripting
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Passionate about building and delivering quality software
- Organized with effective time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's or master's in engineering, computer science, math, GIS, geography, or related field
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, or other spatial technology
- 1+ years of experience with developing and implementing test plans and test automation for UI and/or web services
- Knowledge of Linux, Docker containers and orchestration such as Kubernetes
- Experience with Kubernetes services (AKS, EKS, and/or GKS) and Kubernetes container platforms (OpenShift and/or Tanzu)
- Experience in deployment automation such as AWS CloudFormation templates, Azure Resource Manager and/or helm charts
- Knowledge of cloud native principles to design software for the cloud
- Knowledge of relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, or DB2
- Experience with test frameworks such as Selenium, JMeter or Ready API
- Experience building and delivering software products
- Experience with Java, Python, or other scripting languages
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.