Cloud DevOps Engineer
Are you a technologist and problem solver who can wear many hats? Do you have a passion for solving tough problems with deployment systems? Does automation have strong meaning for you? If so, apply your technology skills to developing Esri’s ArcGIS Enterprise software that is used by enterprises either on premises or in the cloud and serves millions of customers worldwide.
- Create deployment tools, scripts, and additional components that enable deployment of our server technology to many platforms and environments
- Assist in bringing excellent software solutions to the ArcGIS platform
- Work closely with other developers to design and develop quality deployment tools that boost productivity and embrace patterns of reusability
- Write comprehensive technical design specifications and support documentation for the tools you build
- A minimum of three years of software development experience (it’s a plus if you have experience building deployment tools)
- Windows administration using PowerShell (Linux administration is a plus)
- Experience with automation using scripting and tools such as Puppet, Chef
- Have a deep understanding of the web and its protocols/technologies including HTTP, SSL, LDAP, JDBC, SQL, HTML, XML
- Firm grasp on version control concepts and build systems
- Experience doing continuous integration and deployment with tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with IIS and Tomcat
- You need to be good at picking up a new challenge on a daily basis, figuring things out on your own or with others, and then bringing rigor and thoughtfulness to the solution
- All the other important things that will help you be successful at Esri: good communication skills and the ability to thrive in an environment that encourages innovation
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, or mathematics, depending on position level
- Microsoft Azure knowledge
Expertise with Microsoft technology (Visual Studio, TFS, SQL Server, Windows Server)
Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (Scrum)
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (Azure, Amazon Web Services)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top