Be responsible for maintaining and administering highly-available systems in a 24/7 cloud environment. You will work with a fast-paced, skilled team of database administrators and developers across multiple high-profile projects. If you are a top-notch DBA and looking for your next challenge, apply now!
- Create, maintain, and administer cloud databases in a highly-available 24/7 environment
- Ensure databases are highly secure, available, and recoverable
- Proactively monitor and tune databases for maximum performance
- Install, configure, patch, and upgrade database software
- Create documentation around impact analysis of changes
- Create performance indicators to locate and correct problems
- Handle seamless failover and recovery
- Manage monitoring and alerting for performance and uptime
- Provide database technical support for application development teams
- Oversee upgrades to application databases for new releases
- 3 years of experience in database administration with strong replication and high availability knowledge with MySQL/PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of NoSQL cloud databases such as AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Ability to work in a DevOps mode
- Ability to handle multiple read instances
- Strong performance tuning skills in a large database environment serving millions of users
- Ability to run trace reports and analyze results, then recommend options for problem resolution
- Expertise in running and administrating databases in a cloud environment
- Storage and capacity planning
- Bachelor's in computer science or related field
- Understanding of cloud computing platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Knowledge of DevOps tools such as Terraform and Puppet/Chef,
- Experience with cloud database services such as SQL Azure DB and RDS Aurora/MySQL/PostgreSQL
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.