Cloud Compute Administrator
Are you a highly skilled IT professional looking for a challenging position with a variety of responsibilities? We have an opening that will allow you to utilize your technical expertise in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide support, troubleshooting, and design for our cloud and VMware environment
- Perform operating system administration for local and remote systems including installation, software patch, system security, data backup, disc array management, and problem analysis activates
- Make recommendations and/or participate in system architecture and design
- Collaborate with IT teams to define and develop documented policies, procedures, and processes such as operational run books and system monitoring
- Make presentations to executive team, customers, client audiences, and professional peers
- Be on call on a rotational basis to support essential business clients and emergency situations
- Assume lead on new technically advanced projects
- Provide purchase justifications and project benefit analysis
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience working with VMware in a large enterprise environment
- Excellent knowledge of Amazon Web Services and its major components (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, IAM, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Experience with PowerCLI, vCO, vCAC, Ansible, or other automation/configuration management tools
- Experience in one or more scripting languages such as Powershell or Python
- Experience with Docker
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with platform hardware and OS level support
- Understanding of enterprise class SAN, NAS, and backup technologies
- Expert level knowledge of Windows Server and Linux administration and engineering
- Minimum of five years of systems administration experience
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Certification in AWS, Azure, VMware, MS (MCSE), Linux
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top