Cloud Business Analyst
Play a critical role in leveraging analytics to build business solutions that help build out Esri’s cloud services. You’ll use a hands-on approach combined with a "can do" style of getting things done to combine detail-driven insight into business improvement opportunities. This is a great chance to drive initiatives that improve operations in a dynamic environment.
- Drive performance improvements, reduce cost, and deliver innovative solutions
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, and evaluating output requirements and formats
- Be the liaison between IST and other Esri business units
- Create, track, and develop metrics used to improve our processes and benefit stakeholders
- Define productivity goals/targets and work with the organization to achieve them
- Establish analytics for cloud services account management and governance
- Oversee and guide internal teams with configuration, testing, scalability, high availability, and disaster recovery for cloud solutions
- Establish the policies, procedures, and processes used to manage and report requirements in support of cloud servers and environments including account management, architecture, installations, configurations, patching, security, and systems monitoring
- Guide and drive the delivery of process simplification and automation
- Define hybrid model to integrate on-premise infrastructure with cloud services
- Implement best practices for cost optimizing, security controls, fault tolerance, and performance
- Develop cost model for on-demand resources that automate utilization and reporting
- Exposure to large-scale online services, managed services, or information technology operations with cloud providers
- Communication skills, with a strong background in business architecture, analysis, and planning
- Minimum of seven years of experience in a business analysis or architecture role with a strong understanding of infrastructure and operations
- Experience working with or supporting production, test, and development environments for medium to large data centers leveraging cloud services
- Strong skills in business and systems analysis, test planning and testing, and troubleshooting and experience with numerous environments and architectures
- Ability to apply common, object-oriented modeling techniques including UML, use case, activity and sequence diagrams
- Experience in data gathering and facilitation techniques, with requirements management, use case, and modeling tools
- Experience applying and general knowledge of various analysis and gathering approaches, methodologies, and models
- Demonstrated leadership and attention to detail skills through prior experience at the strategic and tactical/implementation levels
- Ability to coach, mentor, and train personnel within a technical organization
- Strong analytical and planning skills; experience with software development projects
- Experience developing scripts to automate software deployments and installations
- Extensive experience with cloud providers such as Amazon, Microsoft, Rackspace, Terremark, Savvis
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere/vCenter/ESXi environments
- Cloud security architectures involving VPC, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, and Direct Connect
- Bachelor’s in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or related areas, depending on position level
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top