C++ Software Engineer - VRP
- Redlands, CA
Do you know how to optimize package deliveries by distributing them among a fleet of vehicles, and ordering the deliveries to minimize operating cost? If you know the vehicle routing problem (VRP) and are eager to tackle messy real-world constraints, we’ve got the ideal job for you!
Join the network analyst team to build and enhance VRP algorithms used by companies all over the world to optimize their delivery fleet, schedule inspections and service calls, route school buses, and much more. Our work touches millions of users and has far-reaching impact.
You will work on a team focused on designing and implementing high-performance optimization algorithms exposed in mobile, desktop, server, and cloud-based APIs and solutions within ArcGIS. This is a challenging and gratifying opportunity to apply your coding talent and passion for excellence to craft solutions for real-world vehicle routing problems.
- Knowledge of vehicle routing problem models and solution methodologies, including the use of heuristics and meta-heuristics
- Broad knowledge of C++, with a good understanding of object-oriented techniques and class design, and familiarity with the standard library
- Familiarity with basic data structures
- Ability to clearly describe and analyze a problem, and to articulate a solution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Master’s or Ph.D. in computer science, mathematics, operations research, engineering, or a related fieldm depending on position level
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top