C++ Software Engineer - VRP
- Design and implement new capabilities in C++ for the vehicle routing problem (VRP) solver
- Perform computational experiments and use results to guide tuning of algorithm parameters
- Optimize existing and new C++ code to reduce memory consumption and to increase performance and scalability
- Analyze computational complexity of algorithms
- Work with product engineers to diagnose root causes for incorrect software behavior and failures
- Fix bugs in the existing C++ codebase
- Write comprehensive technical specifications and design documents
- Participate throughout the software development life cycle
- Knowledge of vehicle routing problem models and solution methodologies, including the use of heuristics and meta-heuristics
- Broad knowledge of C++, with a good understanding of object-oriented techniques and class design, and familiarity with the standard library
- Familiarity with basic data structures
- Ability to clearly describe and analyze a problem and to articulate a solution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Master’s or Ph.D. in computer science, mathematics, operations research, engineering, or a related field, depending on position level
- 2+ years of experience in commercial software engineering
- Experience with C++11 and modern C++ style and idioms
- Experience in code profiling and performance optimization
- Knowledge of GIS, logistics, and transportation networks
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top