C++ Software Engineer - Network Diagram
- Paris, France
As someone with expertise in software development and applied mathematics, you have strong problem-solving skills. While working on complex challenges you pursue sophisticated solutions. You understand that rigor and innovation lead to better results. We welcome you to work alongside a team of dedicated engineers who are designing and implementing network and schematic interactive visualization software. Some of the most complex network hierarchies and objects in the world, such as electrical or telecommunications networks, are being modeled by Esri’s ArcGIS software for critical infrastructure design and management. These challenges require creative design and implementation skills.
- 5+ years of experience in algorithmic, structured programming and object-oriented programming
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++ (STL, C++ 11, Boost) and a working knowledge of C# WPF
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Ability to rigorously test code and anticipate exceptional and borderline cases
- Demonstrated mathematics skills (trigonometry, geometry, graph theory)
- Working knowledge of relational databases and the desire to learn others supported by ArcGIS (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SAP Hana)
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and test-driven development processes
- Verbal and written fluency in English to effectively communicate with local and international colleagues
- Bachelor's or master’s in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top