C++ Software Engineer - Network Dataset
- Redlands, CA
Have you ever wondered what goes into creating a routable transportation network? Or how you can build additional information into a transportation network to get different route results like minimizing CO2 emissions, maximizing regenerate breaking, or are just more scenic?
If networks are your passion, come join the ArcGIS Network Analyst team. You will work on a team focused on building massive, highly scalable networks used for solving routing and other transportation problems. It involves understanding transportation data and then designing how it can be compiled, stored, and accessed effectively to solve real-world transportation problems in mobile, desktop, server, and cloud-based solutions within ArcGIS.
- Design and implement data structures in C++ for efficiently accessing large transportation networks
- Optimize existing and new C++ code to reduce memory consumption and to increase performance and scalability
- Work with product engineers to diagnose root causes for incorrect software behavior and failures
- Fix bugs in the existing C++ codebase
- Write comprehensive technical specifications and design documents
- Participate throughout the software development life cycle
- Knowledge of databases
- Broad knowledge of C++ with a good understanding of object-oriented techniques and class design and familiarity with the standard library
- Familiarity with basic data structures
- Ability to clearly describe and analyze a problem and to articulate a solution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's, master's, or Ph.D. in computer science, engineering, or a related field, depending on position level
- 2+ years of experience in commercial software engineering
- Experience in code profiling and performance optimization
- Experience in learning and working with a large codebase
- Knowledge of GIS, logistics, and transportation networks
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top