C++ Software Engineer - Graphics
- Design and develop high-quality software components that follow industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Apply and promote good software engineering practices such as test automation, modularization, simplification
- Solve and articulate complex problems with design, algorithms, development, and user experience
- Work effectively with members of other software development teams in an agile, interactive, and creative environment
- Find, analyze, and fix bugs and performance problems whenever and wherever they occur
- 2+ years of commercial software development experience
- Fluent in and passionate about modern C++
- Track record of implementing high performance rendering of large data volumes using standard graphics APIs
- Understanding of spatial and graphics algorithms and software design patterns
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master's in computer science or related field, depending on position level
- Experience with C++ 11/14/17 and associated technologies (STL, Boost, etc.)
- Experience with one or more of OpenGL, Direct3D, or Metal, including shader programming
- Familiarity with GIS applications and technologies
- Cross-platform development, profiling, and debugging
- Experience with game engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal)
- Experience with agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top