Want to be involved in building the next generation of ArcGIS Online that enables our users to apply intelligent online maps and apps to support the work of businesses, governments, and communities worldwide? Our team of exceptional software developers builds next-gen data access components for ArcGIS Online SaaS feature service with different cloud database technologies.
As a software engineer, you will work with our cross-functional team of software engineers, product engineers, designers, product managers, and release engineers. You will be actively involved in enhancing the capability of the ArcGIS Online feature service from feature inception to delivery, using the latest technology. We are looking for professionals in number of specific areas including relational (PostgreSQL, SQLServer) and No-SQL databases, Distributed database, and RESTful web services.
If you are passionate about leading teams and building great distributed systems, and spatial data analytics, join us!
- Design and build server-side RESTful web service to power developer and geospatial application access to the platform
- Build scalable, reusable, and maintainable components
- Design, architect , implement, and maintain components within the ArcGIS Online platform, which spans infrastructure across Azure cloud
- Find, analyze, and fix bugs/performance problems
- Work collaboratively with other teams to understand requirements and incorporate them into the feature service design
- Mentor and groom junior engineers through design and code reviews, technology presentations, and insights
- 2+ years of industry experience coding in C#, C++ and .NET platform
- 2 years with Azure cloud computing platforms and services
- Good understanding of API design and object-oriented design patterns
- Fundamental understanding of web services including REST
- Understanding of spatial databases SQL and/or NoSQL
- Strong understanding of geometry and geospatial
- Comfortable in a distributed team environment
- Strong knowledge of Git
- Bachelor's, master's or Ph.D. in math, computer science, physics, engineering, or related field, depending on position level
- Strong coding and problem-solving skills in C# and .NET platform
- Knowledge of working with a source control system, preferably GIT
- Geospatial and GIS knowledge
- GIS data structures and algorithms knowledge
- Familiarity with JSON and HTTP protocol
- Ability to share your expertise through documentation and mentorship
- Passionate about creating workflows that help produce a great self-service developer experience
- Ability to step outside of your comfort zone and explore new and/or unfamiliar tasks
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.