As an enthusiastic and talented C++ software developer, you will join a team that pushes the boundaries of technology to achieve a shared mission: bringing the power of GIS indoors. In the past few years, Esri has put a large effort into making indoor location, indoor mapping, and indoor GIS accessible and powerful for both consumers and experts across all platforms and devices.
At the Esri R&D Center-Vienna, Austria, we lead the research and development of cutting-edge indoor positioning systems technologies. By combining radio signal data from Bluetooth Low Energy beacons and Wi-Fi with trajectory information derived from sensors on everyday mobile devices, we aim to deliver the world's best indoor blue dot experience for our users.
- Work as part of our agile product development team
- Work with the research team to develop indoor positioning-related algorithms
- Evaluate implementations of algorithms to determine their impact and usefulness
- Implement algorithms in C++ and optimize them to run on smartphones
- Write and maintain unit test cases for the C++ core libraries used in our SDK
- Communicate requirements and dependencies of the component within the system within the team
- 2+ years of professional experience developing with C++
- Understanding of scientific algorithm specifications
- Strong communication skills in English
Bachelor's in mathematics, physics, computer science, or related field
- Master's in Computer Science
- Professional experience developing with Python
- Passion for supporting graphics and visualization tools
- C++ for mobile applications such as Android or iOS
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.