C++ Software Developer - ArcGIS Pro
Passionate about working with off-the-shelf solutions that will impact the work of hundreds of thousands of users? Join our ArcGIS Pro team and collaborate with teams across our platform such as online and enterprise. You will work with the latest technologies for authentication and server communication. If you join, you’ll be responsible for creating new GIS services types for users to work with across Esri's ArcGIS platform.
- Create end-to-end solutions for sharing 2D/3D maps and data to cloud and enterprise environments
- Create highly-reliable and performant implementations for server authentication and communication
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
- Build software that follows industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers throughout the development process
- 2+ years of experience building commercial enterprise software in C++ (11, 14, 17)
- Experience with HTTP communication through C++ using libraries such as WinInet, WinHttp, or Libcurl
- Experience with authentication schemes such as OAuth, PKI, etc. and multithreaded programming
- Knowledge of STL, REST/JSON
- Ability to work closely with software developers, product engineers, and documentation writers to build quality software in a constantly evolving agile environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience with C#/.NET
- Experience with UI development using XAML/WPF
- Knowledge of Esri products or similar GIS or spatial software
- Prior experience with software development and release of commercial software products
- Experience with Agile software development using Scrum
- Experience with writing testable software
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top