ArcGIS Enterprise is a system used by hundreds of thousands of users worldwide. It allows users to expose their geographic information to the web using services, consumed by all sorts of applications running in browsers, mobile devices, and desktops. As a software developer you will work with a team of software engineers, product engineers, and designers dedicated to helping our users connect the system to their data, author different types of services, and publish them to the web. You will be actively involved in enhancing these capabilities of the ArcGIS Enterprise platform from inception to delivery.
- Design, implement, and test components that deploy and administer web services to ArcGIS Enterprise
- Solve complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
- Find, analyze, and fix bugs/performance problems whenever and wherever they occur in the software
- Build and ship quality software by working effectively with members of other software development teams
- 2+ years of experience building commercial software in C/C++
- Familiarity with Java, REST, HTTP
- Ability to work closely with software developers, product engineers, and documentation writers to build quality software
- Demonstrated ability to work with non-trivial software development projects
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science or related field, depending on position level
- Familiarity with Java development, integration testing, and JUnit
- Familiarity with Visual Studio
- Knowledge of DBMS
- Experience with HTTP monitoring tools
- Knowledge of Esri products or similar GIS or spatial software
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.