C# Desktop Software Developer
Do you love building things? How does building the next generation of cutting-edge geosearch and geocoding technology sound? As a desktop geocoding developer at Esri, you’ll leverage your creativity and coding ability to build geocoding workflows that help organizations locate more addresses and places and put their data on the map. Geosearch and geocoding are cornerstones of Esri software products. You’ll work alongside product engineers, developers, and users to build desktop applications that integrate with the ArcGIS platform.
- Design and implement interactive search, reverse geocoding, and batch geocoding workflows
- Build workflows and frameworks for deploying geocoding to online and mobile devices
- Develop the next generation of location rematching tools
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers throughout the development process
- 2+ years of experience building commercial enterprise software in Microsoft C# with WPF
- Experience with C++
- Experience in asynchronous programming using the Task Parallel Library
- Ability to work closely with software developers, product engineers, and documentation writers to build quality software in a constantly evolving agile environment
- Ability to work with multiple teams and to prioritize requirements
- Analytical problem-solving abilities
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field, depending on position level
- GIS experience and knowledge of street addressing domain
- Knowledge of DBMS
- Knowledge of MVVM application design pattern
- Experience with integration of web services
- Knowledge of Esri products or similar GIS or spatial software
- Prior experience with software development and release of commercial software products
- Experience with Agile software development using Scrum
- Experience with writing testable software
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top